Arrest warrant issued for former Ireland star after ex-hunt

An arrest warrant has been issued for former Republic of Ireland football star Anthony Stokes after he failed to appear in court for sentencing.

Anthony Stokes, 34, was due to appear at the Hamilton Sheriff’s Court in Scotland after pleading stalking ex girlfriendHelen Scott.

The Dublin-born attacker was banned from contacting his ex-partner and her mother for four years in September 2019 and received non-molestation orders for four years after he admitted stalking him.

An arrest warrant has been issued for former Republic of Ireland football star Anthony Stokes after he failed to appear in court for sentencing.

At the time, Stokes’ sentencing for good behavior was postponed. However, the footballer later admitted to breaching the non-molestation orders by sending frequent emails and texts to his ex-girlfriend and calling her mother repeatedly in November and December 2019.

He also admitted that he caused his ex-partner to fear or worry by repeatedly sending her messages between November 16 and December 3, 2019 in which he had ‘sworn and made abusive statements’, and by calling her parents repeatedly for ‘inappropriate statements’. Decent and abusive.” about her.

Stokes, who has crowned Ireland nine times and played for a range of teams including Hibernian and Sunderland, was due to be sentenced last month but was unable to attend because he contracted Covid-19.

After failing to appear in court yesterday, Sheriff Alasdair Macfadyen ordered an arrest warrant for him at his brief hearing.

In February of last year, Sheriff MacFadden placed Stokes on probation for two years which required him to attend a course on the misuse of pesticides. But he warned him that not completing the program could land him behind bars.

The case was first heard in 2019, and detailed how he bombarded Scott with a series of abusive messages that made him send as many as 100 text messages a day. Once he came to her house in Chutes, Lanarkshire, late at night.

Between July 2018 and February 2019, Stokes made excessive efforts to reach Mrs. Scott. At the time, Attorney General Lynne McFold said: “The call was made using six different mobile phones all attributed to the UK and one was an international number.

Anthony Stokes, 34, was due to appear at the Hamilton Sheriff’s Court in Scotland after he pleaded guilty to stalking his ex-girlfriend Illidah Scott.

In July, she showed up at a friend’s house for a girls’ night out and received numerous calls, texts, WhatsApp and Facetime messages from the accused but she refused to answer them. She became very uncomfortable and angry about this and eventually accepted the Facetime message hoping that if she spoke to him he would stop and let her enjoy her nights. He immediately demanded to know where she was and who she was with and was visibly angry and angry.

The court heard that Stokes arrived at her mother’s home later that night and confronted Mrs. Scott when she got home. Her mother called her to say he was banging on the door, yelling at the letterbox and sitting outside facing the family home.

Ms McFold added: ‘At 1am the complainant’s friend’s friend came back to take her home. She advised him to lead her to her front door so she could enter and then she and her mother locked and locked the door. The friend reversed outside and noticed the car door was opened, which led to it stopping. The accused got down and asked, “What is all this?”

He began to walk towards the car and shook the window with his fist before demanding to know where the complainant was and why she was lowered.

The witness was afraid of what might happen next and drove off, but the accused kicked the car as he did. This was noted by the complainant who said her stomach was coming out as he approached the house before calling her a ***, like ***, ***, and telling her to open the door. She later sent a message saying “you’re stalking me, leave me alone” and later received an email from the accused saying “sorry for my reaction tonight, I love you so much I fell for tonight.”

“He was working overseas and that may have contributed to his isolation and being alone with a young child complainant put the relationship under stress,” Michael Gallen, advocate, said.

Sheriff McFadyen had postponed sentencing until September 2019 due to reports and bail continued, but that was delayed and then the pandemic broke out.

“You engaged in behavior that caused fear and anxiety for your ex-partner and her mother,” he said at the time.