Your new iPhone model has just been launched, and you may be thinking of giving away, selling, or trading your current iPhone model to family or friends. But before you give it to someone, you have to clean it up, right?
But what if you have lost or forgotten your Apple ID password? You definitely don’t want to give up your phone with your data on it, do you?
Don’t worry, because this article will show you how to reset your iPhone without the need for an Apple ID password. Even if you are using iOS 16.
Why do we do a factory reset on the iPhone?
Factory reset must be performed on your iPhone for several reasons. iPhone resets frequently in response to serious software difficulties, such as networking problems or app crashes.
These issues can be resolved, and your iPhone can function normally after you reset it to factory setting.
Additionally, you should reset your iPhone if you plan to sell your phone. Your apps, contacts, photos, personal settings, and other data stored on your Apple device will be deleted if you reset them so the next owner can start over.
Moreover, you should reset your iPhone if you purchased a used device with old data so that you can customize it as you like.
How to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID password?
iPhones can be reset in many ways without the need for an Apple ID password. This article explores the simplest and most effective ways to reset your iPhone without using your Apple ID password.
Steps to follow if Find My iPhone is disabled on iPhone
If Find My iPhone is disabled on your iOS device, you can follow the two official methods provided by Apple.
Reset iPhone without Apple ID directly in Settings:
If you remember your Apple device password, you can use it to reset your iPhone. Follow these instructions to reset your iPhone using a passcode:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Choose General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- To check the passcode, enter it on your iPhone.
to remember: To avoid falling into the activation lock screen trap after resetting your iPhone, you must turn off the “Find My iPhone” function before you start the procedure.
Reset iPhone without Apple ID via iTunes:
It only takes three easy steps to reset your iPhone using iTunes if you already have iTunes installed on your device and Find My iPhone is turned off. Let’s examine these steps in more detail.
- Keep your Apple device connected to your computer, launch iTunes on your Mac or Windows computer, then press and release the Volume Up and Down buttons. Press and hold the power button while holding it until the recovery screen appears.
- After going into iTunes recovery mode, select Restore instead of Update.
- Once you follow the directions to reset your iPhone, all your data and settings, including your Apple ID passcode, will be deleted. After the restart, set up your iPhone.
to remember: The iTunes method is effective if “Find My iPhone” is not turned on in the device. To prevent problems during the process, use the latest version of iTunes.
Steps to follow if Find My iPhone is enabled on iPhone
If Find My iPhone is enabled on your device, the official Apple steps will not work for you. Instead, you can try something better.
Reset iPhone without Apple ID via iMyFone LockWiper:
iMyFone LockWiper It made it easy to unlock your Apple phone in various circumstances, including those where you lost your password or got a used device that you weren’t even aware of at first.
In addition to that, it works flawlessly with any lock screen pattern. The following problems are fixable with iMyFone LockWiper:
- Forgot passcode on iPhone
- Several incorrect attempts
- iPhone used
- iPhone is disabled
- Face/Touch ID will not be accepted
- iPhone screen is broken
How to use iMyFone LockWiper to reset a locked iPhone? Follow these steps:
- After running the program and selecting the “Unlock Apple ID” option, link your Apple device to your computer.
- To deactivate the Apple ID and iCloud lock, select the “Start to Unlock” option. The iCloud account will be removed from the iPhone once the procedure is finished.
- Unlike other techniques, you won’t be trapped in the iCloud activation lock screen because both your Apple ID and iCloud account will be deleted, allowing you to start using your iPhone with a different Apple ID or a new Apple ID.
To make sure that you do not face any problems while unlocking your iPhone, especially iOS 16 versions, iMyFone LockWiper is the all-in-one solution. It is easy to operate, supports iOS 16, and only takes 3 clicks to fix.
Bonus: things you might want to know about iOS 16
The company unveiled iOS 16 – the next version of Apple’s iPhone operating system – in June 2022.
With iOS 16, new features like configurable lock screens with widgets, editing and deleting messages, improved focus modes, a shared iCloud Photo Library for families, important updates to apps like Mail, Home, and Wallet, and much more are now available.
- Lockscreen: Every font, color, and background of the watch are all customizable. In addition, you can rotate images and add widgets.
- Focus: You can design various lock screens based on your focus modes with different adjustments and tools.
- iCloud Shared Photo Library: Allows photos to be seamlessly shared between different iCloud Library users.
- Messages: Editing and deleting messages is now possible in Messages. SharePlay is also messaging compatible, allowing you to work together on spreadsheets, documents, and other things right from the messaging app.
- Apple Pay: Apple Pay on iOS 16 may accept in-browser transactions from third-party browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.
iMyFone also has a detailed guide on how to reset or wipe iPhone without accessing your Apple ID or password. You can check it over here.
You can perform a full factory reset on your iPhone by using one of the techniques described in this article.
Your iPhone will be restored to its default state after the reset is finished. iPhone can now be sold without any risk.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, made possible in association with iMyFone Technology Co., Ltd. PiunikaWeb assumes no responsibility for the product being advertised here as well as how these products are used.
About iMyFoneiMyFone provides software solutions for iOS, Android, Windows PC and Mac devices. It was founded in 2015 and achieved a user base of more than 10,000,000 people in 2020.
PiunikaWeb started as a website for investigative technology journalism with a primary focus on “breaking” or “exclusive” news. In no time, our stories have picked up the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many more. Want to know more about us? head over here.