Na Fianna & Crokes win, McBrearty shines


in Dublin SFC The double quarterfinal bill at Parnell Park, Na Viana and defending champion Kilmachoud Crooks advance to the semi-finals of the Dublin Seniors Championships.

Johnny Cooper saw red for the Glasnevin-based team receiving a second-half penalty, and while Dublin teammate Cormac Costello and Whitehall Colmsel Dangerman pinned his effort precisely into the corner of the net to equalize the sides, Na Viana was. which responded better to numerical defects.

Whitehall grabbed the final two points in the contest, but it was Na Viana who took the lead, 1-12 to 1-11.

So did Crooks, as Koalas continued their quest to win the county’s first football title.

Paul Manion and Shane Walsh showed glimpses of undoubted talent in the first 30 minutes, but Koala never faltered and trailed by one point at the break.

Crooks had a double hit midway through the second half when Manion sustained an ankle injury and was forced off, and in the same play sequence Niall O’Callaghan, Coon’s younger brother, found the back of the net to defeat Dalkey’s upright-side forward.

However, Kilmacaud stuck to the job and finished strong to continue his interest in competing for a 0-14 to 1-09 score.

Nemo Rangers overcame Carbery Rangers to claim a spot in the last four Cork SFCwhile Castlehaven had a somewhat easier passage against mallow.

Nemo found the net through Jack Horgan in the ninth minute, but the city chiefs only added a point to their first-half tally, as West Cork’s men put in a healthy defensive effort to advance 0-05 to 1-01.

The second period was a minor affair, with Barry O’Driscoll scoring a rebound after Horgan hit the post, a decisive outcome in a 2-0 win to 0-09.

In Game Two of Páírc Uí Chaoimh’s double header, first-half goals from Robbie Minihane and Michael Hurley laid the foundations for Castlehaven’s victory over Mallow.

Mallo made some forays into the fringes of the eight-point interval, but couldn’t attract West Cork’s men, who were victorious 2-14 to 0-13.

Patrick McBriary

Patrick McBraryarty scored nine points to lead Kelkar to the semi-finals of the Champions League Donegal SFC With a seven-point win over Killbegs.

The counties star was in great shape, brilliantly assisted by Ciaran McGinley (0-03) and Ryan McHugh (1-01) to secure the pass to the final four once again.

There was plenty of drama in the second of the quarter-finals as Gouth Dobbehire beat Odd Rood Ballychanon to the bare minimum.

The first 10 minutes came and went without a result and by the end of the first half things were in balance, with Pleachanon trailing by a point 0-3 to 0-2.

Philip Button would end up with a 0-03 scoreline for the winners, while Eamonn McGee had a major impact on the play at the heart of the striker.

With excellent scores, Diarmuid McInerney scored for Ballyshannon in the last minute of regular time to cut the difference back to one point.

There was a time for late drama when Mark McGlynn, who was looking to take game overtime, was stopped in the scoring area, but the referee waved off play and his interest in the championship continued as Guth Dobbeyer progressed.

Title holders St Eunan received notice that he would not give up his titles without a fight after demolishing St Michael’s.

Niall O’Donnell scored eight points for the winners, while St. Michael scored just two in the first half.

Ciaran Moore and Conor O’Donnell Sr. both found the back of the net as Ionan managed to win 2-15 to 0-05 at Glentis.

In the second round of Keri SFC, there were wins for the Austin Stacks, Tempelno and East Kerry.

David Clifford and goalkeeper Kerry Shane Ryan, who works in the club’s front division, maintained the scoreboard in the 0-14 to 0-09 win over Spa.

The Stacks proved too strong for West Kerry with Conor Horgan and Michael O’Gara among the targets as the Rockies had eight points to spare in the end.

Tempelno survived a late terror of St. Brendan to emerge victorious minimally at the Ardfert.

Brendan led 0-05 to 0-03 in the first half, but the match changed hands in a powerful opening six minutes after the appeal as Tempelno stole three goals, through Patrick Clifford and Stephen O’Sullivan (2).

Brendan’s injury-time goal cut the difference to a minimum, but the time was too short.

Saint Patrick booked his place in the final and eat SFC County Final with a 1-15 to 2-08 victory over Arklow Geraldines Ballymoney at Aughrim.

The victors overturned the one-point deficit at the break, as a Tommy Kelly penalty kick pushed them into a lead they would never give up.


Jason Sampson scored a late decisive goal for Shenroni

Shinrone qualified for the first time Offaly The SHC final since 1960 with a dramatic late victory over Belmont, who were seeking to reach their first decision.

Belmont led by four goals in stoppage time at St. Brendan Park, but Kieran Cleary and Jason Sampson’s goals settled one point – 2-18 against 0-23 -Win for Shenroni.

The men who knocked out the St. Reigns quadruple chaser in the quarter-finals will play the winners of tomorrow’s match between Bear and Kilkormack/Kelloggie in the final.

Hunt five in a row Galway Champion St. Thomas struggled for the first time with SHC in 23 games with 15 points at the hands of Turloughmore.

Tom Cork and Sean Loftus scored in a 2-23-0-14 victory that took Torlomore to the top of Group A, despite being tied with Thomas by six points from four games.

In the other day’s game, Lugria took control in the second half to defeat Capatagli 1-23 to 0-18.

The two teams were tied at the break – 0-12 each – but Lugria scored 1-07 unanswered of late, including a Neil Kerry goal. Loughrea is now three points behind Cappatagle at the top of Group 2.

Led by Kyle Hayes, Cildemo Balaskenery heads to the playoffs

In the last round of Group 2 matches in Limerick SHC’s Kildimo Pallaskenry reached their first quarter-final since 1937 with a 0-23 to 0-19 victory over Garryspillane.

Shane Barry scored 0-14 from placed balls as Cildemo Balaskenery fought back from four points behind midway through the first half.

They have been promoted to Group 1 for next year and will play Patrickswell, Administrative or insulted after that.

The South Liberties defeated the Balbrown 3-18 to 1-20 to secure second place and remaining place in the quarter-finals. Newly promoted Monguerite St Paul missed the match after being tied 2-20 to 3-17 by relegated BlackRock.

in KilkennyAnd O’Loughlin Giles, the 2021 runner-up, lost in the first round, losing 3-09 to 1-14 to Mulinavat.